BASS Urgent Care's quick & easy DOT Physicals keep you in the driver's seat and on the road.
Call or stop by BASS Urgent Care for a hassle-free DOT physical in Walnut Creek. When you choose BASS to perform your DOT physical exam you can rest assured that our team of friendly health care professionals will do everything possible to get you certified and on-the-road as quickly as possible! At BASS Urgent Care, we provide physicals for workers at convenient times in Walnut Creek.
Step 1. Come prepared. Bring your CA drivers license, glasses or contacts, hearing aids, and a list of prescriptions or medications you are currently taking.
Step 2. Fill out a brief medical history form.
Step 3. Your DOT physical examination is conducted by our FMCSA certified medical examiner.
- Medical history review
- Height, weight & vitals are taken, and a physical exam is conducted.
- Medical conditions are explored and discussed.
- Urinalysis is conducted on-site (no need to visit another facility!)
Step 4. We complete all required paperwork & provide you with a DOT medical card for your Commercial Driver’s License. We supply you with 2 copies of your DOT physical form.
Yes. Please call (925) 318-9822 to schedule your DOT physical in at BASS Urgent Care in Walnut Creek.
DOT exams are federally mandated physical & mental exams required by the Department of Transportation under the FMCSA. The purpose of the DOT physical is to ensure that all commercial motor vehicle drivers are physically & mentally equipped to handle the demands associated with long hours and high-stress situations that can occur when operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
The DOT physical is a necessary exam for anyone applying for a job as a commercial motor vehicle or bus driver. Federal law mandates DOT physicals be retaken by CMV drivers every 3-24 months. The duration of certification will depend on the a) overall health of the driver b) possibility of DOT exam failure as a result of health conditions deemed to impede a driver’s ability to operate at peak performance.
The purpose of a DOT physical is to ensure that a driver is free of health conditions that may impede on their ability to safely operate a CMV. DOT physicals consist of a thorough physical assessment that evaluates a driver’s vision, hearing, blood pressure, and pulse rate. Drivers should also be prepared to answer questions about their medical history and to submit a urine sample for analysis. The urinalysis will help detect unknown medical conditions or irregularities that may require immediate attention.
When attending your DOT physical please be prepared to provide documentation if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Diabetic condition - list of medications & name of prescribing doctor
- High blood pressure - list of medications & name of prescribing doctor
- Heart condition/cardiovascular disease - bring a copy of your most recent stress test.
- Sleep apnea - bring a copy of the results from your latest sleep test (if you have one available)
- Medications - that clearly lists any medications which have been prescribed or administered by doctors in the past 30 days.
- Contact details - come prepared with names & phone numbers for doctors overseeing any of the above medical conditions to ensure any missing information can be quickly obtained during your visit.
For additional tips on how you can prepare for your DOT exam visit our post on the subject here.
Payments to BASS Urgent Care are due at the time of services or procedures. Services and procedures are covered by most medical insurance plans. If you have questions about your insurance coverage or any billing issues, please call one of our experts on the billing team.
Ph: (925) 267-7800
Insurance and billing hours
Monday–Thursday: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM–3:00 PM